The Office of the Chief Veterinary Officer (CVO) in Welsh Government and the Animal and Plant Health Agency would like to invite you to a series of webinars on Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza (HPAI) in Wales. The series of webinars will:
- Provide information on the national situation, including the latest on HPAI virus transmission routes.
- Provide information on essential biosecurity measures that all keepers of birds and poultry should be taking, reflecting on the most common biosecurity gaps and lessons learned.
- Provide information on Welsh Government’s key disease control measures, including The Avian Influenza Prevention Zone (AIPZ), our biosecurity self-assessment checklists, disease control zones and compulsory housing.
Event Dates and Registration Links
- Webinar directed towards game bird sector – 2 August 2023 https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/addressing-highly-pathogenic-avian-influenza-in-wales-tickets-685467460627
- Webinar directed towards commercial poultry sector – 5 September 2023 https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/addressing-highly-pathogenic-avian-influenza-in-wales-tickets-685486176607?aff=oddtdtcreator
- Webinar directed towards backyard poultry keepers – 12 September 2023 https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/addressing-highly-pathogenic-avian-influenza-in-wales-tickets-685486728257?aff=oddtdtcreator
- Richard Hepple, Veterinary Field Epidemiology Lead, APHA
- Dr Ashley C . Banyard, Avian Virology Workgroup Leader, APHA
- Megan Gaizutyte, Head of Animal Disease Policy, Welsh Government
- Ian Jones, Director at Hafren Veterinary Group Limited
During the sessions, attendees will not be able to speak, however, there will be an opportunity to pose questions through the chat functionality.
The webinars will be delivered in English. Welsh speaking staff will be present and we are happy to take any questions in Welsh or English.
This series of webinars are open to all.