The BGA is partnering with some of its registered stockists and partners who are passionate about all that is great about game meat. This year’s celebration will look different, however, the BGA is aiming to showcase great ways to bring game into the home.
Louisa North, Head of Operations at the BGA said,
“With so many businesses having to close due to lockdown, we want to use Great British Game Week to support our stockists and encourage people to get involved by eating and cooking game at home. Many of our BGA stockists and processors are providing game boxes via delivery or online cooking events. You can also head to your local supermarkets, such as Sainsburys and Co-op, to buy BGA assured game and support Great Game Week using any of the recipes you can find at our EatWild website.”
Great British Game Week Events and Offers:
- The Cook School’s Virtual Curry Evening (26th November). Tickets for the virtual event cost £50.00, for which you will receive a box of ingredients to create a hot & sour mallard duck salad with toasted peanuts & crispy shallots as a starter followed by thai red pheasant curry, jasmine rice & coconut as main course and finished with chilled kaffir lime leaf rice pudding, poached pear & cardamom for two. Included in the price is a link to a live cooking evening on Zoom to cook your curry along with The Cook School Head Chef Stuart.
- The George Inn, Vernham Dean – Hampshire, are offering a game themed takeaway for the duration of Great British Game Week. Available from Thursday – Sunday (5:00 – 8:45PM), call in advance to order: 01264 737279.
- The Store, which is run by BGA Stockists The Gladwin Brothers, will be offering a game box, which includes mallard, snipe, pheasant and grouse plus game pies and terrines; venison and red wine pie and pigeon and grouse farmhouse terrine by Oliver Gladwin. Order here.
- The Exmoor Game Company is offering a range of BGA assured products through its online shop, from The Mini Hamper to Pheasant & Paprika Sausages, the Exmoor Game Co offer home delivery across the UK.
- The Meat Box Company work closely with the British Game Alliance, National Trust and the Forestry Commission ensuring that the wild game meat is of the very best quality. The delivery service is available nationwide by DPD and locally with their vans.
The British Game Alliance will also be cooking game with Foodie Influencers over on Instagram to further spread the word about Great British game and its many benefits. We will also be offering the chance to win a Laksen Sporting Shooting Vest. Visit the @britishgamealliance Instagram for details on how to enter. For more information or to find a stockist, recipe or further inspiration, visit www.eatwild.co/stockists.